Last night, I decided to play test kitchen and try my hand at making egg rolls. I've been given the task to make them for Keiko's baby shower which is this Saturday & I wanted to give myself time to fail, fail again, and fail yet again before serving them to real life humans. I actually hit the nail on the head on the first try; they are really tasty! They are poorly constructed (READ: ugly). In fact, the next one is uglier than the last! But, they are YUMG. I borrowed from the Vietnamese, the Chinese & the Japanese -- cabbage, carrots, shrimp, green onions, soy sauce, fresh ginger, tofu, mung bean sprouts, glass noodles, sesame oil, etc. It was so hard to limit ourselves to just a couple "samples". I think I'll wait to take photos after I fry them up.
Hot Dog!


Thanksgiving sneak preview...brussels sprouts!

My sous chef:

Mum brought our ferns back -- they've been kickin' it in her greenhouse. Anyway, this guy came with:

He is currently loose in the house somewhere. Probably on my toothbrush or something.
Sprucing up the joint for the holiday:

This is the most put together our house has been since we've moved in:



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
1 comment:
Nice! It is really coming along and so quickly. Good job, you two. So *that's* what you're supposed to do with the telephone cubby hole these days. LOVE it. Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment